The Bicyclist & Pedestrian Advisory Commission (BPAC) formed Committees and Liaisons to continue their work toward safe and accessible transportation for all Oaklanders outside of the general meeting space. Each BPAC committee has a specific purpose or subject and is crucial to getting the work of the BPAC done. Read the 2018 Chair’s Annual Report to the Public Works Committee of the Oakland City Council to see some committees previous accomplishments.
Anyone is welcome to attend any of the BPAC committee meetings or join any of the BPAC committees. For more info on the committees, contact the listed lead contact.
- Infrastructure Committee
- Review and comment on the design of projects
- Contact: Midori Tabata (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Robert Prinz (email@example.com)
- Legislative Committee
- Research and develop policy recommendations for consideration by the BPAC
- Commissioner Gardner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Police Relations Committee
- Rectify inequitable policing and racial profiling through analysis, dialog, and recommendations
- Commissioner Mangrum (email@example.com)
- Open Forum Committee
- Review and analyze comments received during Open Forum
- Midori Tabata (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- See the Public Comments page for the tracking spreadsheet.
- Planning Commission Review Committee
- Liaison to the Mayor’s Commission on Persons with Disabilities
- Liaison to the Affordable Housing & Infrastructure Bond Public Oversight Committee
- Monitor Affordable Housing & Infrastructure Bond Public Oversight Committee activities and report back to the BPAC
- Chair Naylor (email@example.com)