At the June 16, 2022 BPAC meeting, OakDOT Transportation Planners Charlie Ream and Celina Chan presented on two projects, the 66th Ave Coliseum BART to Bay Trail project (this post) and the Laurel Access to Mills, Maxwell Park & Seminary (LAMMPS) – Phase 2 project.
These projects and the 27th St Bay Pl Project which was heard at the May BPAC meeting was submitted as One Bay Area Grant (OBAG) applications for the June 30, 2022 deadline. Staff requested the commission review the checklists attached for each of the three projects and share comments back to Charlie Ream by June 23, 2022.
- Create an off-street biking and walking pathway connecting the East Bay Greenway (San Leandro Street) with the MLK Jr Regional Shoreline
- Realign Caltrans freeway ramps to create space for pathway
- Work with Union Pacific Railroad on safe crossing treatments
- Add AC Transit bus stops to the Dil Damon Slough trailhead
The full presentation is below.
At the December 03, 2020 Infrastructure Committee meeting, Jay Zhang gave a presentation on the Intermodal Terminal Coliseum BART/Transit Village Area Improvements.
Project limits & scope
- 71st Ave – Snell St to Hawley St
- Pedestrian scale lighting
- Widen sidewalk (south)
- Plant trees
- Update curb ramps
- Hawley St – 71st Ave to 72nd Ave
- Pedestrian Scale lighting
- Repair sidewalk, curb & gutter (west)
- Update curb ramps
View the full presentation below or download it here [PDF].
At the June 18, 2020 BPAC meeting, Craig Raphael, Senior Transportation Planner in the Capital Finance Section, will provide an update on upcoming competitive grant opportunities, including potential OakDOT project applications and the status of past grant awards.
Projects Currently Being Considered for ATP Cycle 5:
- International Boulevard Pedestrian Improvements
- 7th Street Complete Streets Project
- Bancroft Avenue Greenway (73rd – 106th)
- Foothill/22nd traffic signal upgrade
- 73rd Avenue (McArthur/Foothill to International)
- East Oakland Neighborhood Bikeways
View the full presentation…