- Add physical separation to existing curbside buffered bike lanes with known issues.
- Provide safer pedestrian access to key locations.
- Implement the toolkit that was developed as part of the Curbside Class IV Bikeway Analysis and evaluate the effectiveness of these tools.
At the July 16, 2020 BPAC meeting, Warren Logan, Mayor’s Policy Director of Mobility and Interagency Relations provided an overview of the City’s Flex Streets program for business’ use of sidewalks and public rights of way for physical distancing during COVID- 19. The presentation also provides an update on next steps and coordination with Alameda County Shelter in Place orders.
The goals of the Flex Streets program are to:
- Support local restaurants and retailers
- Support Oakland residents
- Support local performers and artists
- Improve traffic safety
- Ensure and advance racial equity
At the June 18, 2020 BPAC meeting, Oakland Department of Transportation (OakDOT) Director Ryan Russo and OakDOT Agency Administrator Ariel Espiritu-Santo discussed the proposed mid-cycle budget amendment to the Fiscal Year 2020-21 budget. This proposal reflects significant reductions to key transportation revenue sources resulting from the current global health crisis. Russo described the proposed budget balancing measures and potential impact to OakDOT operations.Read More