At the April 1st, 2021 BPAC Infrastructure Committee meeting, Cathy Chea (MTC) gave a presentation on the West Grand Avenue HOV/Bus lane extension Phase II project. The project is part of Bay Bridge Forward.
- Phase 1 project opened January 2019 added 1300’ of bus/HOV-only lane
- Phase 2 project proposes the following:
- Bus/HOV lane westbound by converting existing shoulder from Frontage Road to Maritime Street
- Multi-use 2-way path on south side of West Grand between Mandela and Maritime by extending existing sidewalk. It would be 8’ wide with a 2’ barrier.
- Construction expected in 2nd half of 2021.
Notes from the presentation and discussion are below.Read More