Transport Oakland is hosting their September Happy Hour on Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 5:30 – 7:30pm at the Double Standard (2424 Telegraph Ave).
“Come mingle with fellow transporters and help us welcome Oakland’s new Director of Transportation Fred Kelley.”
RSVP here.Read More
Thursday, September 15, 2022; 6:00-8:00 pm, online and by phone.
Agenda topics include:
- Recent Bicyclist and Pedestrian Related Crashes
- OakDOT Director Fred Kelley and Assistant Director Ariel Espiritu Santo
- East Bay Greenway Updated Design
- BPAC Agenda Sign-Up List
- Virtual Meeting on 09/21/22 for Caltrans I-580 Pedestrian Overcrossing Project — Release of Draft Environmental Document. Comments on the draft environmental document are due October 5.
- Park Boulevard Complete Streets Project – Construction substantially complete
- West Street Road Diet Project – Construction substantially complete
- We [bike] Oakland Newsletter, Summer 2022 (31st Edition)
- Paint the Town Murals: 1 upcoming mural on Dover/56th St
- West Oakland Bay Trail Realignment
- Safe Oakland Streets (SOS) info cards
- Park Blvd at E 38th Ave Rapid Response
More details below.Read More
The BPAC Infrastructure Committee meeting will be held on Thursday, September 1, 2022, 3:30-4:30pm online and by phone.
Agenda topics include:
- HSIP applications support/discussion
- Slow Streets/Neighborhood Bike Routes (NBRs)
- Relations of Bike/Ped Plan to EJ and Safety Elements in the General Plan Update
At the August 18, 2022 BPAC meeting, Julieth Ortiz, OakDOT Transportation Planner, shared an overview of the crash data-driven HSIP grant program and the current proposals to request funds to implement HSIP-eligible countermeasures that focus on intersection safety for pedestrians and bicyclists. The applications are due September 12th. Following the overview of the grant program, Dean Hsiao, OakDOT Supervising Transportation Engineer, shared an overview of pedestrian signals and leading pedestrian intervals (LPIs).
HSIP Cycle 11 Applications
- Safe Oakland Streets Leading Pedestrian Interval (LPI) Timing
- Safe Oakland Streets Major Bike and Pedestrian Crossings
The full presentation is below.Read More
At the August 18, 2022 BPAC meeting, Kerby Olsen, New Mobility Supervisor at OakDOT, presented on the department’s draft proposal to address sidewalk parking through a combination of community outreach and education, street modifications and parking enforcement.
An excerpt is below, followed by the full presentation.Read More
Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and/or try again.