At the June 17, 2021 BPAC meeting, Laura Kaminski, Acting Strategic Planning Manager, gave an update on existing and new projects including: the Downtown Oakland Specific Plan, an Impact Fee Update, and a General Plan Update.
Downtown Oakland Specific Plan (DOSP) — Mobility Objectives:
- Improve access and safety for pedestrians;
- Create a world-class transit network linking Oaklanders to downtown
- Develop a connected network of low-stress bicycling facilities
- See map (in presentation) of Proposed Low-Stress Short-Term and Vision Bicycle Networks
Transportation Impact Fee 5-Year Update:
- Update fee schedule from 2016 nexus study based on inflation along with Appendix B – what is necessary to fund cumulative CEQA traffic mitigation costs.
- Provide additional fee schedule to fund list of potential citywide transportation projects not included in Appendix B.
- Provide additional fee schedules to fund list of specified transportation projects included in the (1) Downtown Specific Plan (DOSP) and (2) Waterfront Ballpark District at Howard Terminal Project (offsite transportation projects, not direct impacts of Howard Terminal project)
General Plan Update Schedule
- 2021 spring and summer: Approach and Consultant Team Selection
- General Plan Update Memo
- RFP for Consultant Team (Council – September)
- Backbone CBO as part of consultant team
- 2021 fall: Official Kick-off
- 2023, January: Adoption of Housing, Safety, and Environmental Justice Element
- 2025, July: Adoption of Land Use, Transportation, Noise, Open Space, Conservation, and Recreation Elements
The full presentation is below.Read More