The Oakland Department of Transportation (OakDOT) & West Oakland Environmental Indicators Project (WOEIP) would like to gather the West Oakland community again for further input on the Grand Avenue Mobility Plan!
The Grand Avenue Mobility Plan is a comprehensive plan for a more inclusive, safer and sustainable transportation network on Grand Avenue between Mandela Parkway to MacArthur Boulevard.
Register here if you would like to be a part of the focus group sessions:
- Tuesday June 29th, 6-7:30pm, OR
- Wednesday June 30th, 6-7:30pm
An update on the Grand Avenue Mobility Project was last presented to the BPAC Infrastructure Committee on February 4th, 2021.
At the April 1st, 2021 BPAC Infrastructure Committee meeting, Cathy Chea (MTC) gave a presentation on the West Grand Avenue HOV/Bus lane extension Phase II project. The project is part of Bay Bridge Forward.
- Phase 1 project opened January 2019 added 1300’ of bus/HOV-only lane
- Phase 2 project proposes the following:
- Bus/HOV lane westbound by converting existing shoulder from Frontage Road to Maritime Street
- Multi-use 2-way path on south side of West Grand between Mandela and Maritime by extending existing sidewalk. It would be 8’ wide with a 2’ barrier.
- Construction expected in 2nd half of 2021.
Notes from the presentation and discussion are below.
At the February 4th, 2021 BPAC Infrastructure Committee meeting, Hank Phan, OakDOT transportation planner, presented an update on the Grand Avenue Mobility Project. This is the presentation he gave to a focus group meeting with bus riders. View the project website and the survey with an interactive map.
The presentation and notes from the presentation and discussion are below.