At the February 18, 2021 BPAC meeting, BPAC Strategic Planning Committee member, Jesse Jones, led the BPAC in a discussion on updating the BPAC Strategic Plan from 2020. View the presentation below and the full list of Goals and Tasks here.
Purpose of the Strategic Plan
- Philosophically: Formalize our Commission’s values and work plan for the upcoming year.
- Logistically: Help the Chair/Vice Chair and OakDOT Staff plan the agenda and coordinate with presenters.
Summary of 2020
- Emphasis on Community Outreach/BPAC presence: Significantly affected by COVID but built internal awareness
- Legislative Actions: Focused attention of the Committee
- Police Relations Committee: Successful partnership with OakDOT
- Goal 1: Be strong advocates of bicycle and pedestrian safety.
- Goal 2: Be a conduit for information on bicycle and pedestrian projects.
- Goal 3: Encourage equity driven investments and policies and advocate for the bicycle and pedestrian community.
- Goal 4: Build relationships with policymakers and provide feedback on pedestrian and bicycle policy.