At the October 01, 2020 Infrastructure Committee meeting, Beaver Boonsook, Transportation Engineer in the OakDOT Great Streets Division, will provide an update on the Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) Cycle 9 Foothill & MacArthur project.
The plans propose installing high-visibility crosswalks, pedestrian refuge islands, advance yield markings, and rectangular rapid flashing beacons (RRFB) at multiple intersections on Foothill Blvd and on MacArthur Blvd.
Notes from the meeting and preliminary conceptual plans are below.
October 1st, 2020, 3:30-5:30 pm, online and by phone.
Agenda topics include:
At the September 17, 2020 BPAC meeting, OakDOT Staff Teresa Peterson and Charlie Ream presented the one systemic project and two corridor specific projects selected for HSIP Cycle 10 grant applications and solicit feedback on the project design. They requested letters of support from BPAC for each of the projects.
The three proposed projects that OakDOT will submit to HSIP are:
- 14th Street (Mandela Parkway to Adeline Street)
- 98th Avenue (Edes Avenue to MacArthur Boulevard)
- Systemic application – 2-lane unsignalized intersections with pedestrian collisions
At the August 20, 2020 BPAC meeting, OakDOT Planning & Project Development Manager Emily Ehlers will review upcoming Active Transportation Program (ATP), Sustainable Transportation Equity Project (STEP), and Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) grant candidates and request letters of support.
Excerpts from the presentation…
At the June 18, 2020 BPAC meeting, Craig Raphael, Senior Transportation Planner in the Capital Finance Section, will provide an update on upcoming competitive grant opportunities, including potential OakDOT project applications and the status of past grant awards.
Projects Currently Being Considered for ATP Cycle 5:
- International Boulevard Pedestrian Improvements
- 7th Street Complete Streets Project
- Bancroft Avenue Greenway (73rd – 106th)
- Foothill/22nd traffic signal upgrade
- 73rd Avenue (McArthur/Foothill to International)
- East Oakland Neighborhood Bikeways
View the full presentation…