At the April 1st, 2021 BPAC Infrastructure Committee meeting, Charlie Ream and Colin Piethe gave a presentation on the High Street Paving Project.
High Street is an important east-west corridor that connects the Laurel District, Maxwell Park and Allendale to International and Foothill Boulevards.
- Slow vehicle speeds and curb unsafe driving
- Reduce vehicle collisions
- Improve safety and comfort for people walking, especially crossing at major intersections
- Increase the visibility of people walking and biking
- Investigate providing a bicycle lane for people biking on High Street
- Feb/March/April 2021 – Public Outreach
- Spring 2021 – Select final design for street and post online/email to survey respondents
- Summer 2021 – Roadway design
- Late 2021/early 2022 – Roadway repaving
The presentation and notes from the presentation and discussion are below.Read More