Reginald K Burnette Jr, Andrew Campbell, Grey Gardner, Jesse Jones, Phoenix Mangrum, George Naylor, Mariana Parreiras, Patricia Schader, Dianne Yee
Pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20 [PDF], all participants will join the meeting via phone/video conference and no teleconference locations are required.
To join the meeting:
- To join the meeting by video conference, please click on this link to download Zoom and open the meeting on a computer or smart phone at the noticed meeting time.
- To join the meeting by phone, please dial at the noticed meeting time (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 (669) 900-6833 or +1 (408) 638-0968 or +1 (346) 248-7799 or +1 (253) 215-8782 or +1 (646) 876-9923 or +1 (301) 715-8592 or +1 (312) 626-6799
- Webinar ID: 927 4598 9034
To comment in the meeting:
- To comment by Zoom video conference, click the “Raise Your Hand” button to request to speak when Public Comment is being taken on an eligible agenda item. You will be permitted to speak during your turn, allowed to comment, and after the allotted time, re-muted. Instructions on how to “Raise Your Hand” are here.
- To comment by phone, please call on one of the above listed phone numbers. You will be prompted to “Raise Your Hand” by pressing *9 to speak when Public Comment is taken. You will be permitted to speak during your turn, allowed to comment, and after the allotted time, re-muted. Please unmute yourself by pressing *6.
If you have any questions, please email Noel Pond-Danchik, staff liaison to the commission.
|6:00||1||Teleconference Protocol/Roll Call/Determination of Quorum/Introductions (5 minutes)|
|6:05||2||Approval of meeting minutes Attachment (5 minutes)|
Seek motion to adopt the June 2020 BPAC minutes.
|6:10||3||Open Forum / Public Comment (10 minutes)|
Members of the public may comment on any issue within BPAC’s subject matter jurisdiction. Comments on a scheduled agenda item will be heard with that item. The BPAC’s Open Forum Committee tracks Open Forum issues raised by the public. The Committee reviews the public comments on a periodic basis to identify policy issues for discussion by the Commission. To request City services, please contact the City of Oakland Call Center (311).
|6:20||4||Flex Streets (20 minutes) |
Warren Logan, Mayor’s Policy Director of Mobility and Interagency Relations will provide an overview of the City’s Flex Streets program for business’ use of sidewalks and public rights of way for physical distancing during COVID- 19. The presentation will also provide an update on next steps and coordination with Alameda County Shelter in Place orders.
|6:40||5||ATP/HSIP Grant Candidates (25 minutes) |
OakDOT Planning & Project Development Manager Emily Ehlers will review the prioritization process and most promising candidates for this year’s Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) and Active Transportation Program (ATP) grants and solicit feedback for this and subsequent grant cycles.
|7:05||6||Safe Routes to BART (15 minutes) |
Senior Transportation Planner in the Capital Finance Section Craig Raphael will request letters of support for two grant applications that are being prepared for the Safe Routes to BART Grant Program: the 19th Street BART to Lake Merritt Urban Greenway ATP project and the E 12th Street Bikeway project.
|7:20||7||BPAC 2019 Chair’s Final Annual Report to Public Works Committee (10 minutes) |
Kenya Wheeler, 2019 BPAC Chair, and George Naylor, 2020 BPAC Chair, will present and discuss the final 2019 Annual Report that will be submitted to the City Council’s Public Works Committee at a time and date to be determined.
|7:30||8||2021 BPAC Recruitment (10 minutes)|
OakDOT staff to the Commission Noel Pond-Danchik, will lead a discussion on the status of current commissioners’ terms, the BPAC appointment process, and plans for this year’s recruitment. She will seek a motion to form a Recruitment Committee to lead the commission through the recruitment process. A summary of current commissioners’ terms and the appointment process are attached.
|7:40||9||Committee Report Back (10 minutes)|
Committees of the BPAC will provide brief updates to the Commission. A list of active committees and report backs from committees are included in the agenda packet.
|7:50||10||Three-month agenda look-ahead, suggestions for meeting topics, announcements Attachment (10 minutes)|