At the September 17, 2020 BPAC meeting, Commissioner Dianne Yee will give an overview of the goals and features of the BPAC Blog, and will present ideas for discussion.
Goals of this blog
- Make it easy to find and share things without a lot of clicks and scrolling through pages of PDFs
- One-stop resource to find other City resources on transportation
- Increase public access.
- Posts will be tagged by topic, so you can find all other related posts by tag.
- Right-side navigation:
- “Links to Top Resources” — SeeClickFix, Paving Plan…
- “Oakland Orgs” — links to local advocacy and community orgs
- List of categories and tags
- Sign up for email updates
- Archive of posts by date
- Top bar navigation:
- Committees & Liaisons
- Strategic Plan Goals
- Public comments
- Meetings & Events
Additional features and info?
- OakDOT staff — brief bio and contact info
- BPAC commissioners — brief bios, include present and past commissioners
- Add all Committees and Liaisons
- “Deep dive” focused posts — introduce a topic/project and go into the history of it, beyond the agenda presentation materials
- Past commissioners are welcome to contribute
- “What it’s like to be a commissioner” posts — commissioners share their experience on BPAC. This can be helpful to recruit new commissioners.
- Share events
The full presentation slides are below: