Month: March 2021
Reimagining Traffic Safety
At the March 18, 2021 BPAC meeting, Bike East Bay Advocacy Director Dave Campbell will present a set of draft recommendations and policies from Oakland’s Reimagining Public Safety Taskforce related to moving traffic safety functions from the Oakland Police Department to the Department of Transportation.Read More
March 2021 BPAC Agenda
Thursday, March 18, 2021; 6:00-8:00 pm, online and by phone.
Agenda topics include:
- Recent Bicyclist- and Pedestrian-Related Crashes
- Safe Oakland Streets (SOS) Traffic Safety Initiative
- Reimagining Traffic Safety Draft Recommendations
- Adoption of BPAC Strategic Plan Update
- Committee Report Back
The three-month agenda look-ahead and announcements are below.Read More
We Bike Oakland – Winter 2021 (28th ed.)
BPAC 2021 Draft Strategic Plan Update
At the February 18, 2021 BPAC meeting, BPAC Strategic Planning Committee member, Jesse Jones, led the BPAC in a discussion on updating the BPAC Strategic Plan from 2020. View the presentation below and the full list of Goals and Tasks here.
Purpose of the Strategic Plan
- Philosophically: Formalize our Commission’s values and work plan for the upcoming year.
- Logistically: Help the Chair/Vice Chair and OakDOT Staff plan the agenda and coordinate with presenters.
Summary of 2020
- Emphasis on Community Outreach/BPAC presence: Significantly affected by COVID but built internal awareness
- Legislative Actions: Focused attention of the Committee
- Police Relations Committee: Successful partnership with OakDOT
- Goal 1: Be strong advocates of bicycle and pedestrian safety.
- Goal 2: Be a conduit for information on bicycle and pedestrian projects.
- Goal 3: Encourage equity driven investments and policies and advocate for the bicycle and pedestrian community.
- Goal 4: Build relationships with policymakers and provide feedback on pedestrian and bicycle policy.