Thursday, February 18, 2021; 6:00-8:00 pm
View and download the full agenda packet [711KB PDF].
Reginald K Burnette Jr, Andrew Campbell, Grey Gardner, Jesse Jones, Michael Lok, Phoenix Mangrum, David Ralston, Patricia Schader, Dianne Yee
Pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20 [PDF], all participants will join the meeting via phone/video conference and no teleconference locations are required.
To join the meeting:
- By video conference—please click on this link to download Zoom and open the meeting on a computer or smart phone at the noticed meeting time.
- By phone—please dial at the noticed meeting time (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 (408) 638-0968 or +1 (669) 900-6833 or +1 (253) 215-8782 or +1 (346) 248-7799 or +1 (301) 715-8592 or +1 (312) 626-6799 or +1 (646) 876-9923
Webinar ID: 983 1150 7451
To comment in the meeting:
- In the Zoom video conference—click the “Raise Your Hand” button to request to speak when Public Comment is being taken on an eligible agenda item. You will be permitted to speak during your turn, allowed to comment, and after the allotted time, re-muted. Instructions on how to “Raise Your Hand” are here.
- By phone—please call on one of the above listed phone numbers. You will be prompted to “Raise Your Hand” by pressing *9 to speak when Public Comment is taken. You will be permitted to speak during your turn, allowed to comment, and after the allotted time, re-muted. Please unmute yourself by pressing *6.
If you have any questions, please email Noel Pond-Danchik, staff liaison to the commission.
|6:00||1||Teleconference Protocol/Roll Call/Determination of Quorum/Introductions (10 minutes)|
|6:10||2||Open Forum / Public Comment (10 minutes)|
Members of the public may comment on any issue within BPAC’s subject matter jurisdiction. Comments on a scheduled agenda item will be heard with that item. The BPAC’s Open Forum Committee tracks Open Forum issues raised by the public. The Committee reviews the public comments on a periodic basis to identify policy issues for discussion by the Commission. To request City services, please contact the City of Oakland Call Center (311).
|6:20||3||Approval of meeting minutes (5 Minutes)|
Seek motion to adopt the January 2021 BPAC minutes.
|6:25||4||Annual Major Development Projects (25 minutes) |
Catherine Payne and Audrey Harris, key members of the major projects review team, will report on current development applications under consideration (and recently approved), and how to participate in the application review process.
|6:50||5||BPAC Legislative Committee Recommendations (20 minutes) |
BPAC Legislative Committee Lead, Commissioner Gardner, will lead the commission in a discussion about the Legislative Committee’s recommendations.
|7:10||6||BPAC Strategic Plan Update (25 minutes)|
BPAC Strategic Planning Committee member, Jesse Jones, will lead the BPAC in a discussion on updating the BPAC Strategic Plan from 2020.
|7:35||7||Committee Report Back (10 minutes)|
Committees of the BPAC will provide brief updates to the Commission. A list of active committees and report backs from committees are here.
|7:45||8||Three-month agenda look-ahead (below), suggestions for meeting topics, announcements (10 minutes)|
Three-month agenda look-ahead
- Affordable Housing Sustainable Communities Grant (AHSC) 2021 Applications
- Previous AHSC Grant Application Updates
- Transportation Development Act (TDA) Article 3 Projects
- Bike to Work Day Planning (tentative)
- Slow Oakland Streets Traffic Safety Legislation (tentative)
- Zero Emission Vehicle Action Plan
- Annual Report from Strategic Planning including General Plan, Downtown Specific Plan, and East Oakland Neighborhood Initiative updates (tentative)
- Bike to Work Day Report Back (tentative)
- Meeting with Warren Logan, Transportation Advisor to the Mayor (tentative)