At the April 15, 2021 BPAC meeting, Julieth Ortiz, OakDOT Transportation Planner, presented an overview of existing Transportation Development Act (TDA) Article 3 projects and a draft project list for fiscal year 2021-22. This year’s recommendation is to use funding for existing programs/projects, including the bicycle parking program, the stairs and path program, and Foothill pedestrian safety improvements. Input from the Commission regarding priorities is welcome.
- Construction/engineering of a bicycle or pedestrian capital project
- Maintenance of a multi-purpose path
- Bicycle safety education program
- Development of a comprehensive bicycle or pedestrian plans
- Re-striping Class II bicycle lanes
- Pedestrian safety education
FY 2021-22 TDA 3 Proposal
- E 20th St Stairpath Rehabilitation
- CIP Score: 61
- Reconstruct deteriorated stairs/landings and install handrails for this stairpath along E 20th St connecting Park Blvd to 5th Ave.
- Burr, Wilson, and Palmer Stair/path Rehab
- CIP Score: 61
- Design and construct 2 stairway rehab projects (Palmer-handrails only & Wilson)
- CityRacks Bicycle Parking Program
- CIP Score: 56
- Install new bike parking racks along public streets throughout Oakland, or new e-Locker sites and a smaller number of bike racks.
- Foothill Blvd Pedestrian Safety Improvements
- CIP Score: 77
- Traffic signals or Pedestrian Hybrid Beacons, Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons, bulb-outs and pedestrian medians, curb ramps, pedestrian lighting, crosswalks, daylighting at intersections