The BPAC Infrastructure Committee will be meeting on Thursday, June 3rd, 2021, 3:30-4:30pm online and by phone.
- To join by web, download Zoom and open the meeting here.
- To join by phone, dial: +1 (669) 900-6833, Meeting ID: 965 2964 5674, Passcode: 837999
Click on the agenda topics to view the materials and notes.
|1||3:30 pm||10 mins||Introductions||All|
|2||3:40||40 mins||ACTC Rapid Response Projects follow-up discussion||Jason Patton|
|3||4:20||10 mins||Future agenda topic suggestions||All|
Links to background/project info:
BPAC and OakDOT staff in attendance:
- Dianne Yee (BPAC commissioner, Committee co-chair)
- Robert Prinz (Committee co-chair)
- Patricia Schader (BPAC commissioner, Committee member)
- Reginald Burnette Jr (BPAC commissioner, Committee member)
- Brendan Pittman (Committee member)
- Midori Tabata (Committee member)
- Jason Patton (Oakland DOT, ACTC Rapid Response Projects item)
- Jason Cook (Oakland DOT, ACTC Rapid Response Projects item)
- BPAC = Bicyclist and Pedestrian Advisory Commission, a city-appointed volunteer group that meets monthly to discuss and advise staff on bike/walk projects, policy, and funding
- ACTC = Alameda County Transportation Commission, a county transportation agency
- MTC = Metropolitan Transportation Commission, a regional transportation agency representing the 9 Bay Area counties
- DOT = Department of Transportation
- TDA3 = Transportation Development Act article 3, a local funding source for bike/walk projects
- EBRPD = East Bay Regional Parks District
- ATP = Active Transportation Program, a state funding source for bike/walk projects
Future agenda item requests:
Next meeting is on Thursday, August 5th, 2021.
- New requests:
- Access to MLK regional park – 66th Ave
- OakDOT planning – Connecting deep East Oakland to MLK shoreline
- EBRPD – Fruitvale Bridge crossing Bay Trail project (Measure DD)
- Pedestrian overpass at Jones Ave
- Update on stairs & paths program – funded by TDA3
- Posey Tube exit at 7th Street is a dangerous bike/walk crossing. This intersection was a former TDA3 project, but now abandoned.
- Existing, pending items:
- 14th Street ATP protected bikeway project
- Franklin Street paving and cycletrack project
- Lakeside Family Streets protected intersection project at Lakeside/Harrison