Reginald K Burnette Jr, Andrew Campbell, Grey Gardner, Jesse Jones, Phoenix Mangrum, George Naylor, Mariana Parreiras, Patricia Schader, Dianne Yee
Pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20 [PDF], all participants will join the meeting via phone/video conference and no teleconference locations are required.
To join the meeting:
- To join the meeting by video conference, please click on this link to download Zoom and open the meeting on a computer or smart phone at the noticed meeting time.
- To join the meeting by phone, please dial at the noticed meeting time (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 (669) 900-6833 or +1 (408) 638-0968 or +1 (346) 248-7799 or +1 (253) 215-8782 or +1 (646) 876-9923 or +1 (301) 715-8592 or +1 (312) 626-6799
- Webinar ID: 950 8758 8431
To comment in the meeting:
- To comment by Zoom video conference, click the “Raise Your Hand” button to request to speak when Public Comment is being taken on an eligible agenda item. You will be permitted to speak during your turn, allowed to comment, and after the allotted time, re-muted. Instructions on how to “Raise Your Hand” are here.
- To comment by phone, please call on one of the above listed phone numbers. You will be prompted to “Raise Your Hand” by pressing *9 to speak when Public Comment is taken. You will be permitted to speak during your turn, allowed to comment, and after the allotted time, re-muted. Please unmute yourself by pressing *6.
If you have any questions, please email Noel Pond-Danchik, staff liaison to the commission.
|6:00||1||Teleconference Protocol/Roll Call/Determination of Quorum/Introductions (5 minutes)|
|6:05||2||Approval of meeting minutes Attachment (5 minutes)|
Seek motion to adopt the February 2020 BPAC minutes.
|6:10||3||Open Forum / Public Comment (10 minutes)|
Members of the public may comment on any issue within BPAC’s subject matter jurisdiction. Comments on a scheduled agenda item will be heard with that item. The BPAC’s Open Forum Committee tracks Open Forum issues raised by the public. The Committee reviews the public comments on a periodic basis to identify policy issues for discussion by the Commission. To request City services, please contact the City of Oakland Call Center (311).
|6:20||4||Oakland Slow Streets (30 minutes)|
Nicole Ferrara, OakDOT Policy and Intergovernmental Affairs Advisor, and Megan Wier, Safe Streets Division Manager, will present an overview of Oakland’s Slow Streets initiative in response to COVID-19, community engagement, its evolution to date, and planning for the next phase as the county gradually reopens.
|6:50||5||OakDOT Mid-Cycle Budget (25 minutes)|
Oakland Department of Transportation (OakDOT) Director Ryan Russo and OakDOT Agency Administrator Ariel Espiritu-Santo will discuss the proposed mid-cycle budget amendment to the Fiscal Year 2020-21 budget. This proposal reflects significant reductions to key transportation revenue sources resulting from the current global health crisis. Russo will describe the proposed budget balancing measures and potential impact to OakDOT operations.
|7:15||6||OakDOT Grants Update: Active Transportation Program (ATP), Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP), Safe Routes to BART (20 minutes) |
Senior Transportation Planner in the Capital Finance Section Craig Raphael will provide an update on upcoming competitive grant opportunities, including potential OakDOT project applications and the status of past grant awards. A presentation on this item is included in the agenda packet.
|7:35||7||Committee Report Back Attachment (10 minutes)|
Committees of the BPAC will provide brief updates to the Commission. A list of active committees and report backs from committees are included in the agenda packet.
|7:45||8||Three-month agenda look-ahead, suggestions for meeting topics, announcements Attachment (10 minutes)|