At the August 6, 2020 Infrastructure Committee meeting, Lucas Woodward, OakDOT staff presented on the Foothill Blvd/22nd Street Project, that the City is preparing an Active Transportation Program (ATP) application for. There were no plans/documents shared at this time.
Notes from the Infrastructure Committee
- Garfield Elementary Safe Routes to School — There was a fatal crash here in 2019, which resulted in rapid response project around the school.
- This application builds on top of the rapid response project with more expensive upgrades like signals—mast arm, left turn phase, pedestrian leading phase
- $650-815k budget total
- ATP application deadline: Sept. 15, 2020
- Why is this project pursuing ATP instead of HSIP funding?
- Going for ATP so as to not compete with other Oakland HSIP applications. This is the only ATP application from Oakland in the “small” amount category.