At the August 6, 2020 Infrastructure Committee meeting, Sarah Fine, OakDOT staff presented on the Foothill Blvd & E 15th project. There were no plans/documents shared at this time.
Notes from the Infrastructure Committee
- Concept is 2 to 1 road diet with a buffered bike lane and high visibility crosswalks.
- Project will be delivered with paving this fall.
- Previous concept had a left side bike lane to avoid conflicts with bus stops—The new version has a right side bikeway instead, to avoid transition points at each end of the project.
- Designs to be finalized within 2 months. Committee members asked for plans to be shared at that time.
- Any feedback about bus stop conflicts with right side bike facilities?
- Could look into bus boarding islands via a later follow up. Currently still coordinating with the school around drop-off zones
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: