Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020
Meet up at 5:30pm
@85th Mini Park (1712 85th Ave. Oakland 94621)
Ride out at 7:00pm
At the October 15, 2020 BPAC meeting, the 2021 Recruitment Committee reported back with recommendations from its review of applications of people seeking to be appointed to the BPAC. The committee is recommending Michael Lok, David Ralston, and Jeremiah Maller (alternate) be appointed for the 2021-2023 term. Commissioners are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by City Council.
View the list of applicants and the statements from the recommended candidates below.Read More
At the October 01, 2020 Infrastructure Committee meeting, Raffi Moughamian, Associate Civil Engineer gave a presentation on the traffic control plan for East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD)’s Oakland Inner Harbor Pipeline Crossing.
- EBMUD is replacing a 1940s pipeline in the Oakland-Alameda estuary and on surrounding streets in Oakland and Alameda. The pipeline is currently seismically unsound.
- Construction cost is $28M.
- Oakland streets affected: Madison (8th to 4th Streets), Jackson (5th to 4th), 4th St (Jackson to Fallon), Fallon St (4th to end)
Notes from the presentation, discussion, and the presentation are below.Read More
- Add physical separation to existing curbside buffered bike lanes with known issues.
- Provide safer pedestrian access to key locations.
- Implement the toolkit that was developed as part of the Curbside Class IV Bikeway Analysis and evaluate the effectiveness of these tools.
- Project cost estimate: $2.8M
- Focuses on the Park/13th Ave/E 38th and Park/Excelsior intersections, safe routes to schools in the vicinity
View the plans and notes below.Read More