Thursday, April 15, 2021; 6:00-8:00 pm, online and by phone.
Agenda topics include:
- Recent Bicyclist- and Pedestrian-Related Crashes
- Affordable Housing Sustainable Communities (AHSC) Grant New Projects and Update on Previous Projects
- Transportation Demand Article (TDA) Projects Grant Applications and Previous Awardees Update
- Bike to W(herever) Day Planning
- Committee Report Back
- Please provide feedback on the Foothill Pedestrian Improvement Project by April 20th.
- The Crucible Job Opportunity
- OakDOT Design Details for Transportation Facilities
- Bikeways Timelapse Map
- Flex Streets Map
More details below.
At the April 1st, 2021 BPAC Infrastructure Committee meeting, Cathy Chea (MTC) gave a presentation on the West Grand Avenue HOV/Bus lane extension Phase II project. The project is part of Bay Bridge Forward.
- Phase 1 project opened January 2019 added 1300’ of bus/HOV-only lane
- Phase 2 project proposes the following:
- Bus/HOV lane westbound by converting existing shoulder from Frontage Road to Maritime Street
- Multi-use 2-way path on south side of West Grand between Mandela and Maritime by extending existing sidewalk. It would be 8’ wide with a 2’ barrier.
- Construction expected in 2nd half of 2021.
Notes from the presentation and discussion are below.