The Oakland Department of Transportation (OakDOT) & West Oakland Environmental Indicators Project (WOEIP) would like to gather the West Oakland community again for further input on the Grand Avenue Mobility Plan!
The Grand Avenue Mobility Plan is a comprehensive plan for a more inclusive, safer and sustainable transportation network on Grand Avenue between Mandela Parkway to MacArthur Boulevard.
Register here if you would like to be a part of the focus group sessions:
- Tuesday June 29th, 6-7:30pm, OR
- Wednesday June 30th, 6-7:30pm
An update on the Grand Avenue Mobility Project was last presented to the BPAC Infrastructure Committee on February 4th, 2021.
Grand Avenue Mobility Plan: Planning Process
Esisting Conditions (Fall 2019 – Spring 2020)
- Reviewed previous planning efforts.
- Research on historical racial and social injustices Analyze current conditions.
Community Engagement (Summer 2020 – Summer 2021)
- Hosting online engagement with Oaklanders during COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Working with three Community-Based Organizations below to help reach historically underserved Oaklanders in West Oakland and inform planning process:
- East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) West Oakland Environmental Indicators Project (WOEIP) Black Film Guild (BFG)
Phase 1: Listening (September 2020 – March 2021)
- Equitable engagement to listen to and learn from Oaklanders
Phase 2: Collaborate (March 2021 – May 2021)
- Develop priorities and goals.
- Propose design solutions and options based on input from Phase 1.
Phase 3: Refine (May 2021 – July 2021)
- Refine a Community Vision based on input from Phase 1 & 2.
- Finalize Corridor Concept and Plan.