At the February 17, 2022 BPAC meeting, OakDOT Transportation Planner Julieth Ortiz presented an overview of existing Transportation Development Act (TDA) Article 3 projects and a draft project list for fiscal year 2022-23. This year’s recommendation is to use funding for existing programs/projects, including the bicycle parking program, bike signage, and the stairs and path program. OakDOT is seeking BPAC approval for this TDA cycle. Allocations for this fiscal year have not been received yet. The full presentation is below.
Overview of eligible categories of TDA projects
- Construction/engineering of a bicycle or pedestrian capital project
- Maintenance of a multi-purpose path
- Bicycle safety education program
- Development of a comprehensive bicycle or pedestrian plans
- Restriping Class II bicycle lanes
- Pedestrian safety education