The BPAC Infrastructure Committee will be meeting on Thursday, December 3rd, 3:30-5:30pm online and by phone.
- To join by web, download Zoom and open the meeting here.
- To join by phone, dial: +1 (669) 900-6833, Meeting ID: 965 2964 5674, Passcode: 837999
Click on the agenda topics to view the materials and notes.
|1||3:30 pm||5 mins||Introductions||All|
|2||3:35||30 mins||AC Transit: East Bay Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)||Steven Jones|
|3||4:05||30 mins||Coliseum Transit Village||Manuel Corona|
|4||4:35||30 mins||East Bay Greenway: Phase 2||Manuel Corona|
|5||5:05||20 mins||Lake Merritt Blvd – Concept plans for bikeway improvements||Charlie Ream|
|6||5:25||5 mins||Future agenda topic suggestions||All|
Related to Item 5, take the survey on the Lake Merritt Bikeway Improvements!
“The Lake Merritt Bikeway Improvements Project proposes several changes to the roadway on Lakeside Drive from Madison Street to Lake Merritt Boulevard and on Lake Merritt Boulevard from Lakeside to E 12th Street. This section of street is set to be repaved in 2021. This presents an opportunity to extend the popular two-way protected cycletrack around Lake Merritt from Madison Street southward and over the estuary bridge to E 12th Street!
The Covid-19 pandemic has highlighted the need for more recreational space around the Lake, This paving project means that the City can answer that need on a short timeline, while providing a permanent protected space for people to enjoy this regional destination on two wheels.
OakDOT staff have been working to develop concept designs of the proposed new roadway configuration, and are now presenting these to the community for feedback!”
Take the survey here.
BPAC and OakDOT staff in attendance:
- Patricia Schader (BPAC commissioner, Committee member)
- Dianne Yee (BPAC commissioner, Committee member)
- Reginald Burnette Jr (BPAC commissioner, Committee member)
- Mariana Parreiras (BPAC commissioner, Committee member alternate) (participated for second ½ of meeting)
- George Naylor (BPAC commissioner) (participated for first half of meeting)
- Brendan Pittman (Committee member)
- Midori Tabata (Committee member)
- Robert Prinz (Committee member)
- Jason Patton (Oakland DOT)
- David Pené (Oakland DOT)
- Steven Jones (AC Transit, East Bay Bus Rapid Transit item)
- Garrett Gritz (AC Transit/Diablo Engineering Group, East Bay Bus Rapid Transit item)
- Manuel Corona (Oakland DOT, Coliseum Transit Village and East Bay Greenway items)
- Jay Zhang (Oakland DOT, East Bay Greenway items)
- Charlie Ream (Oakland DOT, Lake Merritt Blvd item)
- BPAC = Bicyclist and Pedestrian Advisory Commission, a city-appointed volunteer group that meets monthly to discuss and advise staff on bike/walk projects, policy, and funding
- BRT = Bus Rapid Transit
- OakDOT = Oakland Department of Transportation
- ATP = Active Transportation Program, state funding for bike & walk projects
- HSIP = Highway Safety Improvement Program, federal funding for street safety projects
- EIR = Environmental Impact Report, detailed study required for large construction projects